Japanese classes from 10.00-1.00 pm EVERY Saturday in Dublin and Cork are for:
- Students who are interested in Japanese
- Students who are very serious about wanting to do Japanese as an extra subject for Leaving Certificate
- Students who are academically capable of taking on an extra subject and have the time to do Japanese homework and study in addition to their other studies
- Students who are willing to commit to attending class EVERY Saturday for three hours
- Students who are willing to complete the course which begins in September 2018 and finishes end of May 2020
- Applications are only open to students who are entering 5th year in September 2018, and sitting the Leaving Cert in June 2020.
Russian Saturday classes in Dublin, Galway, and Limerick are for:
- Students who have studied Russian as a foreign language in another country and want to continue their studies
- Students who may speak Russian at home but need help with preparation for the Leaving Certificate exam
- Students with a particular aptitude for foreign languages and an interest in taking up Russian
There are no charges for these classes which are being run by the Post-Primary Languages Initiative, a project of the Department of Education and Skills. Part of the remit of the Post-Primary Languages Initiative is to diversify the provision of foreign languages at post-primary level and to support all students in their learning of foreign languages.
Early registration is advisable as places are on a first come first served basis.